Personally, I knew it was positive the day after bedrest. Call it intuition or whatever, but I just knew it, I had the same tugging and pulling sensation as last time. My HCG levels were high on Monday 12/6 and more than doubled by Wednesday 12/8. An ultrasound this week showed that my ovaries are still quite enlarged and there is fluid in my abdomen which was causing the pain I had all last week, although it has mostly subsided now.
I've started weaning off the steroids this past week and have one week left. I haven't slept past 4 am in 4 weeks and today got up at 3 am. I'm really hoping that it's the steroids causing the insomnia and that once I finally get off of them I'll be able to sleep again.
We're not out of the woods yet. Everyone knows that you normally don't tell people until 12 weeks because there is always a chance of miscarriage. We're still walking on eggshells a bit to make sure that everything works out. I'll continue all of my medications (except steroids) and will have weekly ultrasounds to check growth and make sure things are progressing.
In the meantime, we're excited to have a merry Christmas and get ready for our expanding family!
No comments:
Post a Comment