Warning!

Warning: This blog is about primary infertility the second time around, so there might be mention of my DS.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final Day of Bedrest

I realize that no one really cares what I do on bedrest, but I'm bored, so I'm going to talk about it anyway. Yesterday my DH worked from home and was able to fill my water, bring me lunch, etc. in between meetings. During the day I read the 300 page book "Breakfast at Tiffany's", I watched "Eat, Pray, Love" and I did a meditation which led into a 3 hour nap. Mixed in there was writing on this blog, sending a few emails and just staring into space.

Today my DH had to go into the office. He prepped a cooler for me with some snacks and drinks, and put a plate of food in the fridge ready for me to pop in the microwave. I've got "Charlie St. Cloud" loaded in the DVD player and a few other movies recorded on the DVR, along with a few magazines within arms reach.

The bedrest pains have set in. My lower back, sides and shoulders ache from lying on them for 42 hours so far. But as predicted, the hardest part is not being able to interact with my DS. Sure he comes running over every once in a while to give me a high five, and I did get him to sit on the couch with me while we read a book on Sunday, but he's just not really the kind of kid that sits still to snuggle. He's off and going. I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow where I can finally give him a proper snuggle hug.

Tonight I'll start to prop myself up with some pillows and let my body start adjusting again. From past experience, I've about passed out my first day off bedrest because my blood pressure gets so low. I've got a doc appt at 9 am tomorrow to check my blood and see how my estrogen and progesterone are doing, then a full day of work.

As for my little embryos, nothing to report there. I'm hoping they are getting all comfy and burrowing in, but it'll be a while before I know anything. There are all sorts of symptoms, or lack of, that you can read into during the 2WW, but I'm attempting to not obsess on it all and just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment